SUBMIT TO FRIDGE FEST
The 1st New York International FRIDGE Festival will take place from Aug 31 – September 10th, at IRT Theatre (154 Christopher St. 3B) in the charming West Village neighborhood in NYC.
Submissions open on APRIL 3, 2017
Deadline is JUNE 1, 2017 midnight EST
Here are some answers to your questions:
What are you looking for?
- One acts, preferably between 20 - 30 minutes. That being said, we’ll consider 10-20 minutes. We ask that your play NOT to exceed 40 minutes.
- Your play must include, but preferably FEATURE, a fridge. We provide the fridge. It is very likely that our fridge will be backless (and therefore walk-through-able) In terms of genre, there are no restrictions whatsoever. Our mission statement is to “pick a snowflake out of an avalanche”, and we want you to be that snowflake. We really like risk-taking and disclaimer-free art, so we encourage you to think outside the (ice)box.
What if I’m selected?
- If selected, there is a non-refundable $200 participation fee. This fee includes: 4 performances, marketing, press, production stills for your show, help with graphics. And a potential encore.
- You’ll be in charge of fully staging your play, though we’re happy to help with any casting, recommending theater-makers and personal issues (within reason.)
What do I need to send?
- Email us your script, any supporting documents, a little bit about yourself and any questions you might have at email@example.com
- Please format the subject of your email as such: TITLE OF PLAY - Length of play - Author. (ie. FROZEN MEATBALLS - 26 minutes - Mrs. Breezy Bottoms)
When will I hear back?
- June 15, 2017.
What else should I know?
- Performances will be ticketed. However, half of your shows (2/4) will be “Fill Our Fridge” nights, where tickets can be purchased by donating a non-perishable good, which will be donated to a food bank local to the theater.